Congratulations to Charlie Warner, who was recognised as an outstanding achiever with a Jack Petchey award in November.
The award was presented to Charlie between the shows of our recent pantomime, Sleeping Beauty. Following an open nomination process Charlie, who played Harry the Jester, was chosen by his fellow youth members as the deserving winner.
The award was presented to Charlie by Matthew and Ellie, who were previous winners of the award in July.
KYDS has been running the Jack Petchey awards since November 2015. It is a fantastic opporunity for youth members to recognise others who they consider to be role models.
Congratulations Charlie on your award!
Some of the nominations received by youth members are shown below:
- He is so entertaining and always puts a smile on everyone’s faces.
- He always puts in 100% in every rehearsal and show, he is never in a bad mood and is easily able to bring people’s spirits up.
- He always has a smile on his face and puts 100% effort into everything! He’s always happy to help or give advice if asked!
- He always brings a smile to KYDS and is such a great performer.
- I think Charlie should win because he puts in so much effort into rehearsals. He’s a very hard working member and he always gives his all in his performance.
- Because he always is trying to improve and it makes being on stage with him easy in the way that he lightens the mood.